Recently, Hillary Clinton said this about Bill Clinton: "He's the most interesting, energizing and fully alive person I have ever met." What a great compliment. Suspend your view on whether you believe her to be telling the truth or not. That's not relevant. Come with me on a thought experiment. What if your wife said that about you?
That's the kind of person I want to be. Interesting, energizing to others and fully alive.
I get to choose whether I am that man or not.
Too often I squander my chance to be the man of interest, energy and full life by a negative conception of who God is. Yet when I acquaint myself again with who He is really is, in Truth, then my soul starts to crackle again with excitement.
The other day a man, a stranger, sat next to me at a school play that I was watching. He was one of those people who was full of interest, energizing to those around him, and fully alive. He made my experience of the show so much better.
The proximity test reveals all. Are those proximate to me more interested, more energized and more alive than they were before?
No comments:
Post a Comment