Sunday, May 9, 2010

5 July 2009 II

The worship that morning in church inadvertently led us into a deep place. It happens that a community in worship meets a t-junction. It is at that point, often, that the right thing to do is to pray.

O God! You have spoken to me. I knock on your door. I decide to leave, in the pursuit of obedience to your voice. You said to me that if I knock you will open the door. O God! Open the door. You have a land to take me to. Lead me there.

I nestled up to Jess in the worship. A whisper in her ear. And then those immortal words. 'Let's get out of here'. She laughs. That was a line out of Bonny and Clyde. Our purpose could not be more opposite. We need to pray that God will open the door. She nods. We have been talking about God leading us to another land for many years. He had been speaking about calling us to another land for many years. There was something in my eyes that told her that this was it.

No comments:

Post a Comment