"You have looked upon me as though I were the most exalted of men."
Pop quiz. Who said those words? Was it Jesus? Was it King David? Was it a New Testament Christian?
Answer: All three.
King David originally spoke the words. He was the adumbration of Christ, God's own Son. David foreshadowed Christ the King. Christ the King applies this status to all who put their faith in Him.
This morning, I rose to hear the Father say of me too: "You are the most exalted of all men."
If Christianity is true at all, its truth is that the average citizen of earth can be extrapolated into the position of highest exaltation. It is this central tenet that is the spine of the experience of Christianity.
It permits me to say that I am a coronated prince. I know that there is no such verb as coronated (grammarians prefer the word 'crowned'). However, under the circumstances, and considering that the idea is a truth unique to Christianity, that is to be discovered by revelation, it seems appropriate to use it as a verb.
No comments:
Post a Comment