Wednesday, August 6, 2014

My greatest achievement

It might just prove to be that my greatest achievement was realising that I did not need to achieve anything to have worth.

I suspect, very few people ever achieve this.

This is, I am persuaded, something God wants all Christians to achieve. In many ways, it is the goal of our Christian lives, the very thing that we are aiming at.

It's beauty is that it is a non-meritorious achievement. It is the acknowledgement that worth and value in the Christian life are not founded on merit. For both one's own self; and for others.

To actually understand this is a rare accomplishment.

It is the only achievement in the world where should someone boast of it, it can safely be said that they have not achieved it in the first place.

In this way, it is entirely consistent with the logic of Christian faith - which states that an admission of demerit and a receipt of His Merit is the Summit of all human achievement. It's brilliance is that it is an achievement open to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment