You should cry. But you are too sad to cry.
You should mourn the death of your soul. But that is the irony, because if you have lost your soul you have nothing to mourn with.
You cannot mourn, and you cannot mourn the fact that you cannot mourn. You do not see it.
What has done this to your soul? What has shattered your soul?
You have suffered from a lack of grace. You have never known grace. All you have known is ranking by performance. To make you succeed they told you you were a failure.
You fear being shamed, yet you fear grace more.
You have lost your soul. I am here to give it back to you. You have lost grace and found shame. I am here to introduce grace and oppose shame.
O afflicted city, lashed by storms and not comforted, I will build you with stones of turquoise, your foundations with sapphires. I will make your battlements of rubies, your gates of sparkling jewels, and all your walls of precious stones. All your sons will be taught by the Lord, and great will be your children's peace. In righteousness you will be established: Tyranny will be far from you; you will have nothing to fear. Terror will be far removed; it will not come near you.
No comments:
Post a Comment