Success
71. I have learnt that if you follow Jesus you might end up being given the opportunity to preach to cabinet ministers at the annual Christian lawyers' service.
72. I have learnt that God is so powerful that he can take an African pastor and a few months later make him stand in front of three Judges of Appeal in a courtroom full of Chinese lawyers in one of the biggest commercial cases of the year.
73. I have learnt that if you trust God you will make your annual billing target by 0.6%. And then you will hear God say, 'Told you so.'
74. I have learnt that God builds His church, and that He can gratuitously add to His church as easily as a cherry-picker picks cherries.
Church life
75. I have learnt—being both a pastor and a lawyer—that the people in a church who are quick to appeal to their jobs to make excuses for not being a meaningful part of church life, thinking that the pastor does not understand, simply do not love Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment