Thursday, March 31, 2011

Founding value

I am governed by the belief that men should follow and love God passionately. Church and Christianity are no more complicated than that.

I am not aiming at a church that is closer in nature to a child-minding facility than it is to the church of the New Testament. The church is not an institution to provide moral support to those who are nursing their excuses to not follow God passionately. If church is there to baby-sit the dispassionate and anemic pursuit of God then I want nothing to do with her.

Let the church be the gathering of those who passionately love and follow God. Let the church gather around the central truth that a man's passion for God is entirely within His own control.

And for those looking to incubate, and then hatch, their excuses as to why they are absolved from loving God passionately, your disqualification is in your own hands.


Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

1 comment: