Friday, April 26, 2013

What it boils down to

I have reached a point in my life where knowing God is what I am about. Perhaps I will have a limited impact and influence on this world. Perhaps some of my dreams will never be fulfilled. But I can know God. He is - surely - the ultimate desire any man could have. It seems rather ironic to be content in someone so inexhaustible. Being content in God is a paradox. Contentment is usually what you settle for. In God's case, being content is not settling until you have more of Him. He is infinite. The heart is satisfied as He pulls you into deeper degrees of satisfaction and you realize there is still more satisfaction to come. We cannot know Him enough and yet He is always enough for us. God, without anything more, is divinely ample.
 
If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favour with you.
 
What could be greater than walking with God and knowing Him at His core?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment