"To answer your question of how I can disciple you, my answer reads as follows. My theological overview is that God saves us exclusively. We cannot include any contribution to His salvation. I am a Christian extremist. I believe that on the one extreme, God has utterly saved us. On the other extreme, we are to live our lives utterly following Him. He has radically saved us; so we should radically follow him. He has entirely saved us; so we should entirely follow Him. We follow him not to be saved, but because we are saved. The truth that we are completely saved becomes the fuel for living the complete Christian life. If you are looking for a salvation that you have had a hand in, I cannot help you. Or if you are looking for a Christian life that is not based on radical followership of Jesus, then I cannot help you either."
No comments:
Post a Comment