Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A soul

The first day I met you, you smiled. I got to know you as a friend and shared what I could about Jesus and how great His salvation is. And you asked your questions, and I tried to answer them, burning with hope that you too could enter the New World that He runs. It seemed to hit a mark with you, all this talk about Heaven, the perfect place that is coming that our souls long for and dream about. The paradise land where all things are righted. You liked that. And then at church you took the Cup for the first time. A simple act. But an act that will change your life for ever. You said you wanted Him, you wanted to drink Him. I said I have never known more perfect theology about communion. And you did. You took Him at His word, His very word. And now you are in Heaven, you entered the New World, where you will live and reign for ever more. And one day, when we are there together, in Heaven where all tears are ended and all joy exists, we will remember that day of days when you passed over and entered into life.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment