Monday, July 23, 2012

The fear of failure

I have discovered the secret to overcoming the fear of failure.
 
Defeating the fear of failure is sourced in an unusual place. You have to admit that you are a failure to defeat the fear of failure.
 
It is only when you acknowledge that you are a total failure to God that He can restore you and treat you otherwise.
 
The gospel of Jesus says that we come to God and confess that we are a moral failure, a human failure, and a spiritual failure on every level. And then, quite surprizingly, Jesus accepts us for who we are. God defeats our failure. Forever more He regards us as if we never failed.
 
In this church plant I no longer have any fear. If the church fails, I am just as lovable and just as acceptable. With this giant approval of God over my life I will be just as happy and just as joyful whether I fail or not.
 
Christians are, by definition, those who joyfully admit that they are failures yet are treated as if they are not. My acceptance, by both God and myself, no longer depend on my performance. A heavy weight has been lifted.
 
Now that I have dealt with the real fear of failure, the way is clear for Jesus to get on with making this church a success. O happy day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment