Tuesday, June 5, 2012

In the words of Anonymous

"It then dawned upon me that this was all about God, that I had been living under a monumental misconception. It was all about the glory of his name, where I had secretly been hoping for the glory of my own name. That was the reason that I was alive, to live for the glory of his name without a second thought for the glory of my own name. What a painful lesson to learn. Will I ever learn it?

"In that moment, two strands of brilliant logic etched themselves on my mind and conscience. One, trying to gather glory for myself while acting as if I was trying to get glory for God, is a lethally silent sin that can kill you while giving you the feeling that you are still alive. Two, if God wanted to get glory for his own name in a way that crushed my every attempt to get glory for my name (through the apparatus of purportedly getting glory for his name), then so be it.

"Some times God is most glorified when we are crushed to the point of being stripped of our every attempt to get our own glory. Where we are operating in his name for our name's sake, he must dismantle all those works that were supposedly done in his name, but were not. For God does not derive his own glory by outward quantum but by internal purity of the heart." - Anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment