Sunday, March 25, 2012

Busyness

I foresee Urban Design facing a major battle in keeping the church busy-free. What is the optimal point in Singapore? A question I have asked a thousand times. How many meetings are required? How busy does God need the church to be in a strictly organized fashion? What activities should attract our emphasis?
 
All these questions tease out fundamental questions: What is important? What should good saints be giving themselves to?
 
I am certain that we need to emphasize basics, like a foundational relationship with Jesus; a healthy marriage and family life; strong friendships; self-regeneration time; time to develop meaningful friendships with unbelievers. Over and above all these things should be some sort of maturation process and discipleship track.
 
True wisdom will understand all these balances. When people need to be pushed; and when people need to be given space to develop is going to take more wisdom than I currently possess.

No comments:

Post a Comment