Sunday, November 13, 2011

Life at the cenotaph

On Wednesday, I was walking with the Lord over lunch time. I was enjoying His company, and the humidity was not its usual self. It was a perfect moment. I was filled with a warm happiness as I looked up at the sky that was half sunny but promised a storm.

Distracted by the enjoyment of the moment I ventured down a path that I had not yet walked. It was paved and flanked by a treeline. When you are in the Spirit you can hear God speaking long before you realize it.

He told me of wonderful things, and at the right moment He said, 'Look up.' I lifted my eyes to see a cenotaph through the trees that bore the words 'To our glorious dead - they died that we might live'. In the Christian life, He reminded me, some times we have to die so that His purposes might be fulfilled. Don't love your life so much that you ever become unwilling to make a hard decision for Me, He continued. And then came joy unspeakable at His promise to me: Those who die for Me, I always raise in glory.

It was around about at that moment that I felt resurrection power fall on me from Heaven. And I returned to my office a changed man.

No comments:

Post a Comment