The valley can stretch up to 21 months. It can be long and narrow. And it can have steep sides. But it is God's valley. Some times it is an unavoidable passage to the other side.
The privilege of the valley is that it can expose faults and weaknesses and errors in character that might never have been revealed, but for the trip through the valley. Sustained difficulty can strip off pretence and reveal residual character flaws.
There is often truth in the valley. That is why many avoid it. That is why there are many skeletons in the valley.
Blessed is the man who is confronted with himself in the valley, and overcomes. The valley will have been well worth it, just for that. A willingness to change for the better is a life-skill I wish I had more of.
Bad character traits make for bad companions. Before I exit the valley, I hope I lose mine. It is no accident that the Promised Land is always after the valley.
No comments:
Post a Comment