Saturday, August 27, 2011

Christian super-heroes

If I could choose between leading people by the force of my personality, or leading people by the force of my ideas, I would choose the ideas.

Truthful ideas will always outlive strong personalities. I have a duty to the people under my care. I owe it to them to ensure that their faith is based on Truth and not charisma.

Truthful ideas have a survivorship that far outweighs the strength of personality. People who are convinced by me are in an inferior position to those who are convinced by Truth.

The church does not need more Christian super-heroes. The church needs ordinary people to be utterly persuaded by Truth. In so doing, ordainary people become super-heroes in the eyes of the only One who counts.

My preference is for a church of ordinary people who are extraordinarily persuaded by Truth.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I think this is totally in line with scripture, since the Corinthians slandered Paul saying his bodily presence is weak, but he is strong in his letters. Strong ideas with slightly lacking charisma has produced countless believers.

    ReplyDelete