Monday, June 6, 2011

97 Things I have learnt since moving to Singapore: Spiritual opposition

58. I have learnt that you cannot pitch up in Asia wanting to plant a church and not have a big red, bull's eye painted on your back, forehead and chest.

59. I have learnt that every church-planter has an infra-red dot of the enemy's sniper rifle trained on you wherever you go.

60. I have learnt that the devil has two personas, and he will try to destroy you with both: One is a violent dragon who will try to crush you with circumstance; the other is a crafty serpent who will try to crush you with lies.

61. I have learnt what to say when someone offers to pay for you to attend a strip-club cum brothel. For the avoidance of doubt, the answer is 'no'.

62. I have learnt that you can lose your church venue on the pain of 24 hours notice.

63. I have learnt that the devil is an anti-prophet, because he can smell when God is about to do something big, and you will undergo a passage of fire, and it will feel like God has abandoned you.

64. I have learnt that you have to hang on for dear life and trust God when you are in the passage of fire, because trial by fire is one of the surest signs that something marvelous is around the next corner.


Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

No comments:

Post a Comment