Monday, July 26, 2010

5 October 2009 Departure to Singapore to find a job

It was painful leaving Jess behind at Cape Town airport. As I bade her farewell, walking from the car I heard angels cheering me on. They were shouting encouragement. It was as if I had an aural periscope into the host of heaven. And I heard them shouting for me.

Seized with emotion, it is often in those moments of rawness when all pretense has fled, that you know you are not making it up.

An unknown frontier lay before. A wife and two children, the sum total of my dependents, lay aft. Pushed towards the unknown I was pulled toward the terrifying. That was to become the unmistakable feeling that I was in the dead centre of God's vice-like grip. It is so strong, so cast-iron, so secure, so powerful, that total peace is the next off-ramp after total panic. You just have to make sure you don't turn off too early. If you hold your line you will perforate extreme panic and arrive at His peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment