Saturday, July 31, 2010

11 Novermeber 2009 Never rouse a sleeping God

It often takes unexpected, undesirable intrusions upon our plans to generate faith. Here before me I possess an outlook on how the future is to look. It is my outlook, cobbled together with what I know with natural eyesight, combined with the sense of what God is doing.

It is undesirable and counter-productive to have my work pass application summarily rejected. This is thoroughly counter to the easy way. The course of true life of faith never did run smooth. I am now confronted by an ugly impediment which is a significant, if not terminal retardation of the overall plan.

Let's go round this obstacle, I mutter to God. Let's go through it rather, He mumbles back. I hate it when He is right.

Is this a crisis or is this a chance for a great story? Well, it's either one or the other. If it is a great story there was no crisis; and if there is a crisis there will be no great story. A crisis of faith is generally the disguised making of a great story.

Do you really believe, my son? Are you going to go belly-up on me at the first hurdle? Just because there is a storm and you are in the boat and I am sleeping - does that give you the right to rouse a sleeping God? O you of such little faith. Let me rest a while. It is all in hand. Don't go round this; go through it when it is time. Until it is time, just ignore the storm. And let me sleep a little longer. When it is time I will wake, stretch, yawn and then rebuke the wind and the waves. And then you will gasp, 'What manner of man is this that calms even the most raging of torrents?'

No comments:

Post a Comment