Home group tonight. We are hosting a dinner for the home group. The children are in bed. Jess and I are setting the table, speaking through the unfolding events before us. We pass each other in the passage between the dining room and the kitchen. But where are we going to? God said we were to decide to leave. But where are we going? He said he would show us.
What about Singapore? I suggest to Jess.
In the ordinary moments God does extraordinary things. As we brushed past each other the decision was made. It suddenly made sense to us that that was where God would have us to be.
We did not decide where to go; we stumbled upon a decision that had already been made.
The bank of prayer, of dreams, of hopes, of imaginings crystallized in a passing moment. It was like the final digit of the matrix fell into place. We received our commission that night. It does not have to be loud to be compelling; it just has to be God.
We'd better hurry. The home group is about to arrive. And I haven't yet finished the cooking. And I've still got to light the fire in the lounge. Do we need dessert spoons on the table tonight?
No comments:
Post a Comment